Full-flavored salmon pairs well with a sprightly vegetable combination such as zucchini and tomatoes. Salmon is the best choice here, as it is an unbeatable choice for omega-3s. Halibut is another healthy option, as is cod. Buy thick fillets to give the veggies time to cook without drying out the fish.
Work time: 15 min
Total time: 35 min
1 vegetable combination
8 tsp reduced-sodium chicken broth or water
4 boneless, skinless salmon fillets (6 oz each), 1-1 1/4″ at thickest point
1. HEAT oven to 450°F.
2. PREPARE one of the vegetable combinations.
3. TEAR 4 sheets of foil, each 14″ long. Place on a work surface. Spoon one-quarter of vegetable mixture on half of each sheet, leaving a margin of about 2″ on the 3 outer edges. Add 2 teaspoons of the broth to each. Place a fish fillet on top. Sprinkle lightly with salt and black pepper.
4. FOLD other halves of each sheet over fish. Fold over edges of long sides and flatten. Fold over twice more to seal. Repeat to seal other 2 edges of each foil packet.
5. PUT packets in 1 layer on baking sheet and bake 18 minutes.
6. CUT tops of packets with knife (careful—steam burns), and spoon fish and vegetables onto 4 plates.
NUTRITION (per serving)
36 g pro
5 g carb
1 g fiber
27.5 g fat – 6 g sat fat
275 mg sodium