Turkey and Bean Chili
- 1 cup prechopped red onion
- 1/3 cup chopped seeded poblano pepper (about 1)
- 1 teaspoon bottled minced garlic
- 1 1/4 pounds ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (19-ounce) can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained $
- 1 (14-ounce) can fat-free, lower-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 6 lime wedges
- Heat a large saucepan over medium heat. Add first 4 ingredients; cook for 6 minutes or until turkey is done, stirring frequently to crumble.
- Stir in chili powder and next 8 ingredients (through broth); bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes. Stir in cilantro. Serve with lime wedges.