Here is a little cardio workout for your weekend. You can do this one on the treadmill, or you can grab a stopwatch and get outside and enjoy the weather. Either way, take 30 minutes out of your day and get some work in.
Each interval is going to be 1 minute long. The walk time will come first, so it will be listed first here. For example, if you are to walk 45 seconds, then sprint for 15 seconds, it will be listed like this – Minute 1: 45/15. Remember, WALK FIRST, RUN SECOND.
- Minutes 1-5: Warmup – 30/30 at a moderate pace.
- Minutes 6-15: 30/30 – Increase speed at least 2.0 MPH from first five mintues
- Minutes 16-20: 40/20 – Increase another 1.5-2.5 MPH from previous intervals
- Minutes 21-25: 45/15 – ALL OUT – Increase to maximal effort that you can maintain for 15 seconds
- Minute 26-30: COOL DOWN WALK – 2.5-3.5 MPH
This is a workout that starts off slower, but picks up pretty quickly toward the end. You should feel good for the first 10-15 minutes. The last 10 minutes you should be pushing yourself pretty hard.